Government Funded Programs
Are you an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident with a passion for learning or an urgent need to up-skill?
If you are, you might be eligible to study under a Government funded program. Your tuition fee will be heavily subsidised under the Skills First Program.
Find out more
Yorke is an approved provider under the 2018-2019 Skills First program. A key focus of the program is to make sure that the training delivery is closely aligned to Government priorities and industry needs and only quality training providers have been granted the Skills First Funding which means that there is a commitment from the Government to ensure that training will be delivered to a high standard.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for a funded program, take advantage of this amazing opportunity to change your career path or upskill with Yorke.
The fees you are charged at Yorke depend on whether you are eligible for Government Funding concession. Where government subsidised training is provided, this training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees for each course are displayed on the individual course pages and are indicative only. They may change from time to time.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to access training subsidised through the Skills First Program
Eligibility Criteria List for Skills First Program
- Meet Australian/New Zealand citizenship/Permanent residency requirements.
- Must meet ‘up skilling’ requirements for certain cohorts.
- Commence a maximum of 2 government subsidised courses in 2018.
- Undertake a maximum of 2 government subsidised courses at any one time in 2018.
- Commence a maximum of 2 government subsidised courses at the same level within the AQF in their lifetime (Qualifications listed on the Foundation Skills list will not be counted towards the AQF level requirement, the Foundation Skills qualifications are included in the 2 qualification a year guideline).
- Commence a maximum 2 government subsidised accredited courses with the title “Course in … ” in their lifetime.
Please read the explanatory notes:
- In a year and 2 at a time: determining the number of courses in which an individual is eligible to commence/undertake in 2018
The following scenarios will not be counted towards the course maximum outlined above
- if an individual is transitioning from a superseded qualification to the current version of the same qualification;
- if an individual is recommencing training in the same qualification (at either the same or a different provider); or
- if an individual is seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship (not traineeship) after having participated in one of the Pre-Apprenticeship and Pathway Qualifications identified at Attachment 2 to these Guidelines
2 at level: determining the number of courses previously commenced
The following commencements are not taken into account:
- The Victorian Certificate of Education; Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate or Senior); International Baccalaureate Diploma; and senior secondary school certificates from other Australian jurisdictions;
- Qualifications listed in the Foundation Skills List (Attachment 1 to these Guidelines);
- Any VET certificates undertaken as part of a senior secondary qualification (including School Based Apprenticeships/Traineeships);
- Where an individual is transitioning from a superseded qualification to the current version of the same qualification; and
- Where an individual is recommencing training in the same qualification (at either the same or a different provider)
For further relevant information on Skills First Program please read the links below
Student who do not meet the eligibility criteria are welcome to make application to study any of the courses on our scope. You will be charged the Fee for Service cost for local students.
For more information on Yorke and our support services, please review our Student Information Handbook
If you would like to enrol at Yorke please read our Enrolment Policy and Procedure