Leisure and Health Qualifications
Yorke Institute’s Programs in Leisure and Health aredesigned for those with a burning passion to provide personal, physical and emotional support to people whose capacity for independent living is at risk. In particular, the aged and those with disabilities.
By undertaking these nationally recognised qualifications at Yorke Institute, you will be provided with the knowledge and confidence required to care for members of the community including:
- Supporting overall individual health and well-being
- Providing personal care, support and encouragement for participating in activities
- Assisting with daily living activities
- Creating, implementing and monitoring individualised care plans
- Supporting the elderly or disabled in their homes or in a community setting
On completion of this qualification, you will have a variety of employment opportunities, in particular working within the health and community industry at hospitals, nursing homes, and aged care facilities.
Study our Leisure and Health programs